Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blinking

Well, I'm back at home after my third year of college! Because I haven't found a job yet (which is frustrating beyond comprehension) I've been working on redoing the house and finding items for the yard sale next Monday. I'm hoping some of our "unwantable" items taking space in our house will be treasures for others so I can raise some money for the trip. :)

My Mom, brother, and sister have ben really helpful in finding things to sell and I'm really thankful they are being generous to donate and help clean up. (Let me tell you, it is not easy for teenagers to "give" away things without compensation!)

In the past few years Z has become a really awesome person to hang out with. I actually like hanging out with my brother-imagine that! We were talking about summer goals- 1) get fit (courtesy in part of the Wii) 2) clean and redo the house 3) become world travelers (he's going to Guatemala!)

Through my fundraising and talking to people about the trip, I've come across a lot of worry and criticism about going to Colombia in regards to the drug wars. The truth is that I wouldn't go if  didn't feel safe, but if God called me so strongly to go, I would. God commands us to go to the ends of the world and share His love, and when we accept the call to serve Him our lives are offered as a total  sacrifice. If our lives in America are a sacrifice why stay comfortable? Life is as short as a blink, and the tornado in Oklahoma is a reminder of that. The first picture I saw was of a school where children were being rescued. That could have easily been me and my students! Praise God for survival!



I want to fall in love with Colombia the way I have fallen in love with Romania. God has give me  a heart for orphans and as I become stronger in my faith, why not be open to new and exciting opportunities to share and grow my faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment